MCCNet currently runs several listservs for use by various groups within the state.
This page gives some helpful information on how to access and use these lists.
Available Mailing Lists
The following are the available mailing lists. Use the List Name below when
subscribing or unsubscribing from a list.
Subscribing to a List There are several easy steps to follow to subscribe
to a mailing list:
- Send an E-mail message to the List Owner listed above,
- The Subject: of your message should be SUB Listname
- On the first line of the message, type subscribe listname email@address
i.e., if you wanted to subscribe to the mlad list, you'd send an E-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org and for the SUBJECT you'd type: SUB mlad and
in the body of the mesage, you'd type subscribe mlad youremail@address
- Next, send the message. Once it has been approved and you've been added, you'll
be sent further instructions on how to use the listserv
Un-Subscribing from a List There are several easy steps to follow to unsubscribe
from a mailing list:
- Send an E-mail message to the list at @michigancc.net with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
- The To: of your message will be the lists name @michigancc.net (ie. email@example.com).
- The Subject: of your message should be unsubscribe.
- There doesn't have to be any message in the body of the email.
- For example, To: mdec, Subject: unsubscribe, Body- (left blank).
- Next, send the message. Once it processes your request you are then unsubscribed from the list.
Using the Mailing Lists Once you are subscribed, you can send e-mail directly
to everyone on the list by addressing your correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For instance, you would send mail to email@example.com if you were on the
mlad mailing list. The following are some hints and tips to keep in mind when using
- Always send administrative requests to firstname.lastname@example.org Use the actual list
address for list correspondence only
- Remember that everything, including replies, are sent to everyone on the list, so
if you wish to reply to an individual, use his/her address, not the lists, in your
- Always unsubscribe from listservs before going on vacation if you use a "vacation
message". Better still, avoid using "vacation messages" altogether, as they usually
cause more problems than they cure.